Monday, February 23, 2009

We are all but unfinished .. pieces of art.








Sweet Hello my friends, 
Encouraged by several of you to share via blogger world I have no idear how to go about it other than to 'dive in' and have a go~ So today, I'll gp head first and share yesterday's sketch- which I put aside when my daughter accused me of drawing midgets again. (so what's wrong with mIdgets I ask you?:) and a poem about sisters~ just for fun.

Appropriately so somehow, "unfinished art" appeals to me- I am accutely aware of how unfinished my life is.  Once able bodied and athletic- I thought I had finally found my niche in teaching yoga- when only to discover the "little health problems" I was living with were about to rearrange my whole life.  (oy, we never know what's comin' round the bend in the rainbow) 


Now I live a solitary life mostly homebound with all manner of health problems. I complain and whine on my carepage www.Carepages.com (prismed) well, really, I go there to ask for prayer sincerely as I believe in it and the One we pray to with all my heart* and honestly value the support and friendships I've gathered there.  

Honing in ono a different shade of the spectrum of life this will be a place for dreams and fun. Over the rainbow dreams and fun and nonsense of any sort "I feels like" -
so there. 
Keep looking for the rainbow~
and meanwhile,
dancE in the raiN:)
zoe

Watch Yo P’s and Q’s (All in honor of sisters)!

Subjugate your verbs

Don’t let them philander

Separate your phrases

don’t dare let them meander

Cuz Mama would turn summersaults                                                   

in her grave~

If she done heared the reprehensible things

you  write . .

and sayed ~

 

When you was two and three

I confess , it was cute

But nowadays hon,

it’s an outright ridicule

of the principles that Mama raised

us on~

Girlfriend, you betta jes

change your tune;

Change your song-

 

You ain’t done dotted your I’s

(ain’t I right?!)

and  You ain’t been crossin’ your t’s ---

I’m tellin’ you once and for all, little sista

Mama jus won’t be pleased.

 

Jes take a look

at what you’ve become-

You shamelessly close

to bein’ a bum

Material for beggar’s lane and

Nobody’d believe

you’d ever been whatchacall,

 ‘an educated dame’~  

 

Now if you change your tune,

In the sweet by and by -

Trust me, Hon, it’ll be worth

the time

And Mama will sure nough, be

On the other side

 

Smilin’ like a Cheshire cat

Beamin’ like a fool

In her Sunday hat

Cuz she jus plain ol’ fashioned

Bustin’ her buttons

~proud  . .

*of you*

(Good Lord knows -I tellin’ the truth!)  

4 comments:

  1. I love this poem Zoe! In that my parents were both teachers, it means a lot of things that are hard to describe! Tried to subscibe but I don't have a google account. I will still try to follow though. Great way to start!!!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the poem and loved the sketch. Keep blogging!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ladies,

    Thanks for commenting~ I should have probably told you that I wrote it as a jazz song~ I, personally, can just SEE the gal up stage with her mic~..... :)

    But then it should go on- with the two of them bantering in scat- and the next stanza being her sister's retort- hahaha. SistERS! I LOVE UM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! It's so good to see you looking for ways to smile and have fun!! And good for you! I love the sketch, the faces really do reveal so much, love and peace!
    The song, I can hear maybe Ertha Kitt doing a turn on this song, shakin' her head back and forth with a "no, no" line....and scat, oh yea, that would be so cooooooooooool....tooooo coooool for schoooool!!!

    love ya!

    V.

    ReplyDelete