Monday, March 30, 2009

Confinement and Refinement ~

Sweat courses down

relentlessly

My back, arms, my face

I’ve fought against this prison

This God-forsaken place

This life- this body-

These maladies—

Leave scarcely any trace

 Of who and where the

I that was-

I’ve simply

been erased.


Life’s current doesn’t wait for me

others pass me by

While I confined, 

infirm- alone-

Paste on my smile, wave 

sigh~

Inwardly I cringe and sob

I flail against the walls

I scream and

no one hears me 

And then, to God

I cry* 


Then Light

  shines ovr’ the many truths

      More precious yea, than life

Each one I’ve gathered,

     ~Jewel-like~

by hardship chiseled fine*

They glisten

 with each teardrop-

a rainbow! back to me

a promise of redemption*

one day I shall be free-


For now, within my chamber

A comforter resides

I merely need remember

 in Him-  

I can confide


And though the heartache sting

   Though the body fail

  The greater truths are 

                    mine  to hold*

           For with Him

I have travailed


And when in time ,Time ceases

   And each knee bows in Heaven,

Before my God, my comforter,

My Savior and my friend

I shall place my jewels, each one-

    Meekly at his feet

       Add gladly give my freedom

    *back to Him again*


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I chaffed again, at my position in life- here. always here. Medications that make me sleep half the day away- or suffer more and more seizures- It's days like these that doing a bit of sketching and random poetry soothe my soul and help me to remember that there is a purpose given under heaven for every season.  There is a purpose greater than my happiness or well-being, or comfort- God's purpose* and I surely want to be a part of that!  

If you visit, please just say hi with the comment option, blogs are so blogish- without others sharing too.  Maybe you have a suggestion, a poem of your own- or whatever! 

From somewhere over the rainbow, 

zoe 

ps. I have NO IDEA how this thing changes sizes of font on you randomly- so - take it for what it is- a learning experience!  (Hints welcome, of course!) 




3 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe! Just got a moment to stop by, I really love the poem. How aptly you described that futile-feeling loneliness that comes with the sort of disability and challenges you face each day. And with the victory of the ending, it is very powerful!!

    Just wanted to say hi!
    love and hugs
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I understand well your feeling of loneliness and of being erased. It is time to make our life and our identities anew. I've learned that this is a time of extreme testing of our comfort with ourselves. Don't know about you Zoe. I go floating around in each day and notice that when I allow myself to reach to far, I don't like myself. Have learned to alternate between rest and light work and writing. My nephew wrote to me on my most recent posting on carepages. He said to laugh each day, think deeply, and be moved to tears each day. Could be joy or sadness. Any day with all those is a complete day. I was moved to tears by the beautiful poem you wrote here. The sadness and pain in the ephemeral and the joy in the eternal. You keep it up my friend. I'm praying that all this negative stuff doesn't pull us down and that we stay on the thankful and positive side. Your friend Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my friends,
    my dear, dear friends-
    I feel so lost without a computer even to communicate regualarly with you all~ my world grows smaller and smaller. And I struggle to hold on to reality~ between the seizures~ and in the isolation~ if God should use this season for good it will be enough. I must remember that I may not always be able to See the good- now- later, or even until that last and glorious day*

    Having friends like you all sure helps though*!! In a BIG WAY! I bless you in the name of the Lord Jesus, that you might have your cup running over with good things this day.
    From somewhere over the rainbow~
    zoe

    ReplyDelete